The Wedge and Linden Hills are committed to remaining a reliable, trusted destination in serving our community and providing necessary resources for our staff and shoppers. safety is our first priority and we continue to work hard to be a trusted resource for you.
How We are Serving our Customers
- We require all customers to wear face coverings while shopping in our stores to protect the health and safety of staff and other shoppers.
- We’ve created the online shopping platform Co-op Curbside, so you can shop from home and pick up outside either store.
- We recommend 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. to be designated for elderly customers and customers with underlying health concerns.
- For most of our shopping hours, we have friendly co-op greeters to welcome you at the front entrance and wipe down our shopping carts.
How We have Changed our Stores
- All carts and baskets are disinfected throughout the day.
- High touch register areas are sanitized a minimum 4 times an hour. Please ask if you would like a cashier to clean the area prior to ringing you up.
- We limit the number of customers to ensure safe shopping and crowd control.
- We were one of the first retailers in town to install plexiglass shields at all check-out areas.
- We have installed floor clings and arrows in various locations to direct customers to social distance while waiting in line.
- All prepared foods products, pastry and bread items have now been individually wrapped to provide you the same delicious options in a safer manner.
HOW WE ARE SUPPORTING OUR EMPLOYEES
- There are additional work and break areas designated for employees.
- We provide paid leave for any employee diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Ensure staff have access to and/or provided with proper safety equipment necessary.
- We provided our employees with hazard pay (an additional $2/hour) from March 16, 2020 through January 3, 2021.
SAFE SHOPPING TIPS
- Wear a face mask while shopping.
- Remember to give fellow shoppers 6 feet of space, as well as staff. If you have a question or want to chat with one our awesome staff members, do so at a distance. We have signs throughout our store as a reminder too.
- Try your best to touch only what you plan on buying.
- Avoid touching your face and wash your hands or sanitize before and after you shop.
- Wait for the customer ahead of you to finish with their transaction before placing your items on the belt.
- Please communicate with your co-op cashier in front of the plexiglass shield (you may have to talk a little louder than usual!)
- Please do not lower or remove your mask to communicate with staff.
- Please consider shopping in our stores when is convenient for you, of course, but perhaps at less-crowded times such as weekday mid-mornings or early afternoons. If possible, consider making fewer visits each week and buy more at one time.
See recent updates and press releases from our organization addressing COVID >