The Wedge and Linden Hills are committed to remaining a reliable, trusted destination in serving our community and providing necessary resources for our staff and shoppers. safety is our first priority and we continue to work hard to be a trusted resource for you.
How We are Serving our Customers
- We require all customers to wear face coverings while shopping in our stores to protect the health and safety of staff and other shoppers.
- We’ve created the online shopping platform Co-op Curbside, so you can shop from home and pick up outside either store.
- We recommend 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. to be designated for elderly customers and customers with underlying health concerns.
- For most of our shopping hours, we have friendly co-op greeters to welcome you at the front entrance and wipe down our shopping carts.
How We have Changed our Stores
- All carts and baskets are disinfected throughout the day.
- High touch register areas are sanitized a minimum 4 times an hour. Please ask if you would like a cashier to clean the area prior to ringing you up.
- We limit the number of customers to ensure safe shopping and crowd control. As of Nov. 1, 2020 we have launched a pager program. When you arrive at our store and we’re at capacity, an employee will hand you a pager (much like you would find at a restaurant). Once you’ve got your pager, you can wait in your car, in our tent with space heaters or in nearby stores. When you’re next in line to come into the store, your pager will go off. Simply hand the staff person your pager and walk right in!
- We were one of the first retailers in town to install plexiglass shields at all check-out areas.
- We have installed floor clings and arrows in various locations to direct customers to social distance while waiting in line.
- All prepared foods products, pastry and bread items have now been individually wrapped to provide you the same delicious options in a safer manner.
HOW WE ARE SUPPORTING OUR EMPLOYEES
- We have supported our employees with hazard pay (an additional $2/hour) since March 16, 2020 and continue to do so.
- There are additional work and break areas designated for employees.
- We provide paid leave for any employee diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Ensure staff have access to and/or provided with proper safety equipment necessary.
SAFE SHOPPING TIPS
- Wear a face mask while shopping.
- Remember to give fellow shoppers 6 feet of space, as well as staff. If you have a question or want to chat with one our awesome staff members, do so at a distance. We have signs throughout our store as a reminder too.
- Try your best to touch only what you plan on buying.
- Avoid touching your face and wash your hands or sanitize before and after you shop.
- Wait for the customer ahead of you to finish with their transaction before placing your items on the belt.
- Please communicate with your co-op cashier in front of the plexiglass shield (you may have to talk a little louder than usual!)
- Please do not lower or remove your mask to communicate with staff.
- Please consider shopping in our stores when is convenient for you, of course, but perhaps at less-crowded times such as weekday mid-mornings or early afternoons. If possible, consider making fewer visits each week and buy more at one time.
See recent updates and press releases from our organization addressing COVID >