VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup chopped onion (1 small/med. onion)
½ tsp. cardamon, ground
½ tsp. cumin, ground
¼ tsp. clove, ground
½ tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
2, 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes
1, 13.5 oz. can full-fat coconut milk
Fresh cilantro (optional garnish)
Coconut cream (optional garnish)
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
2. Once hot, add onion, cardamom, cumin and clove. Sauté on medium heat until onion is clear and spices are fragrant.
3. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce to a simmer and cook 15–20 minutes.
5. Transfer to a blender, or use a hand blender, and blend until smooth.
6. Optional: garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and a swirl of extra coconut cream.