Always opting for fish filets means you’re missing out on some serious flavor. Whole fish have a gelatin-rich backbone and skin to seal in moisture, producing sweet-tasting flesh with a cushiony texture. And at the Wedge, we bring you local Star Prairie trout raised right here in Minnesota!
What to look for: clear eyes; it’s an easy way to tell how fresh the fish is.
- 2 rainbow trout
- 6 oz canned lump crab meat, drained of liquid
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Prepare grill, target temperature 350°.
- In a bowl mix the crab meat, spinach, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt and pepper.
- Lay out two sheets of aluminum foil, large enough to fully wrap one trout, and grease each sheet lightly with non-stick spray. Place open trout on the foil and stuff with half of the mixture, then wrap tightly with the foil. Repeat with the second trout.
- Cook on grill for ten minutes. Flip the trout over and cook for another ten minutes. Serve with lemon wedges if desired.