6 Tbsp. cane sugar
2 Tbsp. corn starch
1/2 vanilla bean, scraped
2 Tbsp. Key lime juice (lemon will work here too!)
2 1/4 c. rhubarb, cut into half inch slices
2 c. strawberries, halved
1/2 c. all purpose flour (substitute gluten free rolled oats for Gluten Free)
4 Tbsp. cane sugar
4 Tbsp. butter, chilled (substitute coconut oil for a dairy-free)
3 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut, shredded
2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine the flour, sugar and sea salt.
3. Cut in butter until a coarse meal forms.
4. Stir in coconut and almonds. Chill the crumble until ready to bake.
5. Stir together cane sugar, corn starch and vanilla seeds.
6. Pour sugar mix over fruit and mix in.
7. Add citrus juice and fold again. Allow fruit to macerate for 5 minutes.
8. Portion fruit and juices in 4 baking dishes and top with crumble.
9. Bake for 35–40 minutes or until juices are bubbling and topping has browned.
Top with whipped cream or ice cream if desired and enjoy!