To keep dairy-free, sub dairy-free cheddar cheese for shredded cheddar, and plain dairy-free yogurt or sour cream or the plain yogurt
1 cup new potatoes, diced
5 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced (~2 cups)
2 cups scallions, diced (~2 bunches)
1 cup spinach, packed
½ cup red radishes, cut in half, top to bottom, then sliced (~4-5 ea.)
1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded (~4 oz.)
8 large eggs
⅓ cup plain yogurt
½ tsp salt
Pinch fresh ground black pepper
Olive oil, as needed
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 10” cast iron skillet* with olive oil.
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to a medium fry pan and bring to medium heat. Once hot, add diced potatoes and lightly sprinkle salt over potatoes. Once browned, transfer potatoes in an even layer in the greased cast iron skillet.
- Next, add the shiitake mushrooms to the fry pan and lightly sprinkle salt over the mushrooms, adding additional olive oil to the pan if needed. Once browned, transfer mushrooms in an even layer over the potatoes in the cast iron skillet skillet.
- Add spinach and scallions to the fry pan. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Stir in pan until spinach has wilted. Transfer cooked spinach and scallions in an even layer over the mushrooms in the greased skillet.
- Add sliced radishes to the fry pan. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Cook until radish is translucent. Remove fry pan from heat.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over spinach and scallions in the cast iron skillet. Spread cooked radishes over the layer of cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs, yogurt, salt and black pepper together. Pour beaten eggs over vegetables and cheese in the cast iron skillet. Bake ~45 minutes at 325F, until eggs rise in the middle of the cast iron skillet and edges have started to lightly brown
*Can substitute any pan of choice, but cooking time will vary based on the size of the pan. To cook in an 8×8 pan, baking time will be ~50-55 minutes.