From the Summer 2016 Share – Produce A Plenty
- 6 medium-sized heirloom tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 15–20 mint leaves, torn
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz. fresh ricotta
- 16 oz. spaghetti
- Place tomatoes, garlic, mint, and olive oil into a large serving bowl. Stir mixture until all tomatoes are coated with oil and garlic is evenly distributed throughout the sauce.
- Cover the bowl and let everything marinate for about four hours on the counter at room temperature. Add salt and pepper to taste. The tomatoes will release their juices and flavors will meld.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and toss with the marinated tomato sauce.
- Garnish each serving with a dollop of ricotta, more mint leaves, and a drizzle of olive oil.