Vegetarian & gluten free
1 package fresh whole snap peas or 2 cups
¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
¼ cup pistachio nuts, roasted
1 Tbsp. lemon zest, finely chopped (do not grate)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Juice from one lemon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dijon or grain mustard
2 Tbsp. milk or unflavored,
1 garlic clove, small
¼ cup olive oil
1. To make the dressing, blend all ingredients with a hand blender.
2. For the salad, chop snap peas across the length at a diagonal. Place all chopped snap peas in a heat-proof container and cover with boiling water.
3. Drain immediately in a sieve and rinse in cold water — this will bring out the brightness of the green color while still keeping them crisp.
4. Place snap peas in a serving dish and toss with olive oil (prevents browning).
5. Add lemon zest, nuts, and Parmesan cheese. Toss again.
6. Finally, toss with dressing and serve.