- 3 lbs. rib roast or tenderloin
- 2 tsp. whole brown mustard seeds, coarsely ground
- 1 Tbsp. garlic paste
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. softened butter, unsalted
- Tie beef with twine at one-inch intervals and coat with mustard seeds, garlic paste, paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper. Allow to rest covered in the refrigerator overnight.
- Before cooking, allow beef to rest at room temperature for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Spread butter onto roast and place on a roasting rack in the oven. Cook until internal temperature reaches 130°F. Approximately 2–3 hours. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Serves 4 — perfect for a smaller gathering