Most people are used to getting their turkey breast presliced and sandwich-ready. But it’s actually a great cut of meat to cook with because it’s super lean and cooks up quicker than in-bone options. It’s as easy to prepare as skinless boneless chicken breasts, but even easier on the wallet!
- 1 lb. skinless boneless turkey breast
- 1 ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 onion
- ½ cup peanut sauce
- Bean sprouts
- Place turkey breast, stock, garlic, ginger, onion, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cover.
- Poach for 20 minutes or until turkey reached internal temperate of 170°F.
- Place contents of the saucepan in a large bowl with the peanut sauce and shred turkey with two forks.
- Serve on a bun with fresh cilantro and bean sprouts.