vegan & GLUTEN-FREE
5 cups sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed (2–3 large sweet potatoes)
2 cups radishes, quartered (~14–16 large radishes)
1 package of tempeh, crumbled
3 cups thinly-sliced brussels sprouts (~5 oz.)
3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
½ tsp. salt, divided
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
2 avocados, peeled and sliced
¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
optional: fresh cilantro and sliced radish for garnish
Cilantro Mint Chimichurri
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1½ cups fresh cilantro leaves, packed (~2–3 bunches)
½ cup fresh mint leaves, packed (~2–3 packages)
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1. To make the chimichurri, blend garlic, salt and olive oil in a food processor until creamy. Add cilantro, mint, and red pepper and pulse 2–3 times until herbs are rough-chopped — make sure not to over pulse!
2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. In a large bowl, mix together sweet potato, radishes, 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, and ¼ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. black pepper.
4. Spread the mixture in an even layer on a large-rimmed baking tray. Place radishes cut-side down so they get some nice browning. Move to the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 400°F.
5. To the same mixing bowl, add the crumbled tempeh, brussels sprouts, and sunflower seeds. Coat with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil, ¼ tsp. salt, and ¼ tsp. black pepper. Stir until combined.
6. After 20 minutes, remove the baking tray from the oven and add tempeh mixture. Stir and spread in an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes at 400°F.
7. To serve, top with avocado slices, and optional cilantro leaves and freshly sliced radish. Drizzle with chimichurri and serve immediately.