- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup plus
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 cups fresh raspberries (about 16 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Combine water and sugar in medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and chill syrup until cold.
- Meanwhile, mash raspberries in medium bowl. Stir in lemon juice and sugar syrup. Pour mixture through strainer, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Pour mixture into shallow baking dish. Freeze until almost firm, stirring frequently, about 2 hours.
- Continue freezing granita (do not stir) until firm, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Using fork scrape surface of granita to form crystals. Scoop crystals into glasses. Garnish with whipped cream and more fresh raspberries (if desired).