1 cup sugar
8 Tbsp. softened butter, unsalted
1¼ cups pumpkin purée
3 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup buttermilk
2 cups Baker’s Choice flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
1 /8 tsp. ground cloves
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. Dutch cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together sugar and butter together until creamy. Add pumpkin and eggs, and beat until smooth. Gently stir in buttermilk. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Add pumpkin mixture to flour and stir just until combined.
- Set aside 2 /3 of the mixture and add cocoa powder to the remaining 1 /3 of the batter. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Combine both batters by folding in to create a rustic marble effect and pour into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake for 60–70 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan and transfer to a rack.