From the Spring Share 2017 article Radishes: How do I cook with that?
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. granular sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed chilies
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 bunch radishes, stemmed & thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, stemmed, or 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Whisk together rice vinegar, salt, sugar, garlic, chilies and pepper until sugar and salt dissolves.
- Pour over radishes and cucumber slices and allow to pickle at least 30 minutes before use.
- Stir in fresh herbs before use.
Serve with tacos, on sandwiches or salads, and with noodle dishes or stir fry.