By Peter Wilson, Wedge Meat & Seafood Department
2-8oz or 4-4oz fillets, wild Sockeye salmon
1 lemon, zest and juice separated
1 tsp ground black pepper
3 large sprigs fresh dill
3 tbsp butter
Salt to taste
Cookie sheet with a lip
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Zest then juice the lemon, keep separate and set aside.
- In small sauce pan on low, melt the butter, add 1 sprig dill and lemon zest. Simmer 4-5 mins.
- Spray 2-1 sq. ft. pieces of foil with non-stick cooking spray. Then place salmon fillets skin side down in the center and slightly fold up edges.
- Brush on the butter, 1 tbsp lemon juice, a pinch of black pepper and 1 sprig dill each on top. Fold in the sides of foil leaving just enough of a hole for steam to escape.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 8-10 mins.
- Open foil completely and continue to bake for another 5-10 mins, until slightly flakey to the touch of a fork.
- Serve on a bed of rice pilaf or on the side of a salad ( I suggest a spinach salad with red onions, cooked beets and goat cheese).