- If you don’t have a grill pan, use tongs and an olive oil-soaked paper towel to grease the cooking grates of the hot grill.
- if using wooden skewers, soak in water for 15 minutes prior to cooking to prevent burning.
GRILLED SHRIMP SKEWERS
20 shrimp (around 1.25 lbs), peeledand deveined
6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
¼ cup olive oil
3 hearts of romaine lettuce,
cut in half lengthwise
Salt & Pepper
1/3 cup shaved parmesan cheese
2/3 cup full fat greek yogurt
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic
2 anchovies- flat fillets, skinless
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1. Add peeled and deveined shrimp to a large mixing bowl. Add minced garlic cloves, lemon zest, salt, and pepper, and stir until evenly coated. Add your olive oil and toss again. Marinade for 20 minutes at room temperature. You can do this step ahead of time and let your shrimp marinade for longer in the refrigerator. However, shrimp should be at room temperature when you’re ready to grill.
2. Preheat the grill to medium high heat (350 to 400 degrees) and grease cooking grates or grill pan.
1. Blend ingredients for caesar dressing with a hand blender or whisk. Set aside.
2. Rinse romaine halves thoroughly with water, keeping the hearts intact, and pat dry. Sprinkle both sides evenly with salt and pepper. Brush all sides lightly with olive oil. Grill cut-side down for 1 minute or until lightly charred. Flip and repeat. Set aside.
1. Skewer the room-temperature, marinated shrimp head to tail, so they resemble the letter “C.” Place on the hot grill, and cook for 2–3 minutes per side, or until tightly curled and slightly charred on both sides.
2. Assemble your salad – to a large serving platter, add your grilled romaine hearts. Drizzle with caesar dressing, and top with shaved parmesan. Top with grilled shrimp skewers and serve immediately. charred. Flip and repeat. Set aside.