1 lb. Thousand Hills Cattle Co. grass-fed ground beef – SALE $4.99/lb Oct. 16-18!
1 large onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp. Frontier Fiesta Chili Powder (available in our bulk herbs & spices)
1 tsp. cocoa powder
14.5 oz. Muir Glen Organic Diced Roasted Tomatoes Medium Green Chilies
28 oz. Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes
25 oz. Westbrae Organic Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Sour cream or plain yogurt
Fresh spinach, chopped
Fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- Brown the ground beef, onion and bell pepper over medium heat in a large pot.
- Stir in spices and cocoa powder.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 – 1½ hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add kidney beans and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!