1 cup garlic scapes, sliced crosswise (about 10 to 12 scapes)
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup basil leaves
Juice and zest of one lemon
- Place the garlic scapes in a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Add the sunflower seeds and pulse for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the olive oil and process on high for 15 seconds.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and lemon zest and pulse until the ingredients are combined.
- Add the basil and lemon juice, and process until reaching the desired consistency.
- Add salt to taste and serve immediately.
Serving suggestions: toss with hot pasta, spread it on sandwiches, or use it as a dip for fresh vegetables.