Add something new to the dessert table this year. Elegant, seasonal and simple Cranberry-Orange Panna Cotta will stand out among the pie crowd.
- 6 TBSP cold water
- 1 TBSP unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cream
- 1 1/4 cups cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt (unsweetened)
- Juice and zest of one orange
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 TBSP ginger, finely minced
1. Sprinkle gelatin over the cold water and allow to bloom for 5 minutes.
2. Heat cream and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a low boil, then stir in gelatin.
3. Whisk together remaining ingredients in a large bowl until smooth, stir in cream/sugar mixture. Set aside to cool while preparing the cranberries.
4. In a small pot, combine all ingredients and simmer until cranberries burst and sauce thickens. Approximately 10-15 minutets. Cool.
5. Evenly divide cranberries into eight desired dishes or individual molds then pour in panna cotta mixture. Chill for at least 4 hours to overnight to set. Serve panna cotta as is, or, for molded panna cottas, dip in hot water to loosen and invert onto serving plates.