VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 cup raw walnut pieces
1 cup raw shaved almond slices
1 cup raw unsweetened coconut shavings
1 cup banana chips
1 cup rolled oats
⅓ cup water
¼ cup coconut sugar
3 tbsp neutral vegetable oil (like sunflower seed oil)
½ cup raw, grind-your-own almond butter
¼ cup maple syrup
½ tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a food processor, add peanuts, walnuts, almond slices, banana chips, coconut, rolled oats, salt, and ground cinnamon. Process briefly until the largest nut pieces are at most corn sized (4-5 pulses). Pour nut mixture into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add water, coconut sugar, raw nut butter, oil, and maple syrup. Whisk and bring to a low boil on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and pour liquid over nuts in the large mixing bowl. Toss together until well mixed.
- Using a spatula, spread and press mixture to an even ¼” thickness on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 275 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool completely before breaking apart into chunks. In a large bowl mix granola chunks with chocolate chips.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.