GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE AND VEGAN
Makes about 20 bites.
By Casey Colodny (The Mindful Hapa)
2 large bananas
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Peel and slice your bananas in 1/4-inch slices.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place half of the banana slices in a single layer. Top them with a layer of peanut butter.
- Place the remaining slices on top of the peanut butter to form sandwiches.
- Move to the freezer to harden for at least 45 minutes.
- Right before pulling them out of the freezer, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Microwave in 30-second increments until the chocolate reaches a smooth consistency.
- Remove frozen peanut butter banana bites and dunk each in chocolate, placing back on the parchment-lined baking tray.
- Top with your favorite toppings and move to the freezer to harden for an additional 30 minutes.
Tip: Make these healthful treat fun—have the kids help out!