From the Spring Share 2014 – Spring Brunch Recipes
12 slices of prosciutto
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
12 ounces fresh spinach
2 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
1 cup asparagus, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
Preheat oven to 350°F
1. Line six 8-ounce oven-safe bowls or ramekins with two slices of prosciutto each. Set aside.
2. Melt 4 Tbsp. of butter in a large sauté pan and cook garlic for a few minutes over medium heat.
3. Add spinach a little at a time until wilted, approximately 5 minutes. Stir in a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Divide spinach among bowls, discarding any liquid in the pan.
5. Add remaining butter to pan and sauté asparagus for one minute. Divide evenly over spinach along with cheese and tomatoes.
6. Pour 2 Tbsp. of cream in each dish.
7. Crack eggs over the top, one per dish.
8. Place bowls on a baking sheet and cook 20–40 minutes or until egg whites are opaque. Garnish with minced chives and freshly grated pepper.