From the Spring Share 2014 – Spring Brunch Recipes
3 cups bread cubes
1 cup asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large leek, halved and thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 tsp. dried fine herbs
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup peas, lightly mashed
3/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tsp. extra-strong Dijon mustard
pinch of sea salt
pinch of black pepper
1/2 cup ricotta
1. Melt butter in a sauté pan and cook leek until tender over medium heat.
2. Add asparagus, herbs, salt and pepper. Cook for another minute.
3. Combine bread cubes, peas, and asparagus mixture. Place in a buttered baking dish. Dollop with ricotta.
4. Whisk remaining ingredients until smooth, then pour into pan.
5. Allow contents to sit for one hour before baking.
6. Bake 35–40 minutes at 350°F or until custard has set.