Entertain in style this holiday while using the best of our local bounty. With roasted sweet potatoes and creamy goat cheese, these pastry squares will be a hit with all your hungry guests.
Roasted Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Pastry Squares
- 6 Wedge Bakehouse puff pastry squares
- 3/4 cup Kalona Supernatural sour cream
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3.5 oz Poplar Hill chevre
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Flake sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Roast sweet potatoes in oven until tender. Cool.
- Meanwhile, cut each pastry square into four squares and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet, twelve per pan.
- Spread sour cream in the center of each pastry square, leaving an edge, and chill.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Place a slice in the middle of each pastry square.
- Brush the edges of puff pastry with the beaten egg.
- Distribute goat cheese over sweet potato and bake until pastry is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- While the pastries are cooking, gently heat together herbs, garlic and butter. Brush mixture on cooked pastries and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- Season with flake sea salt to taste.
Makes 2 dozen